I know there are a lot of online tutorials on IBM IM installation, but a very few demonstrate the silent method of installation.
So if you are working on a linux or an Aix server and don't have access to graphical user interface you can view follow this step by step tutorial.
Step 1: Download the installation files
Click on the button to go to IBM website and download IM
- IBM IM is a freeware and you don't need a customer account to download it.
- But you will have to sign up with IBM ID to download the installers.
- IM is platform dependent and so choose the package as per OS.
After downloading the file which is around 165MB unzip it.
Step 2: Understanding the installation files
You can use
userinstc -- if you are a non root user
installc -- if you are a root user
groupinstc -- group installation
the difference between install and installc is that install will pop up the GUI once you execute and installc will help you proceed with silent installation.
Step 3: Installing the product
Navigate to the installation dump/setup and execute the command.
- accept License is a required parameter which specifies that you accept terms
- log will be printed, if something goes wrong you can consult it.
- installation directory specifies the path where IM will be installed
- sVP will show you the progress on screen as the installation happens.
Once the Package is installed you can go to the installation Directory
eclipse >> tools >>
IM has been installed and you can now go ahead and install other IBM products.